And anyone who welcomes a little child like this on my behalf is welcoming me.

Matthew 18:5

Friday, February 26, 2010

Thumbs Up To You . . .


Just last night, I was reading my dear friend's blog: "The fact that anyone would give us that much money is so beyond me. And the fact that God would provide so quickly is beyond me. I've never experienced such a fast answer to prayer. It has been an amazing testimony to my kids who followed the entire series of events and thought it was soooo cool! It just makes me wonder if God is really in this crazy pursuit for a second adoption. You know, sometimes you make a decision to do something and you think, maybe it's God, I don't know for sure. And then He just shows up in such an insane way."

This quote was taken from a kindred spirit who has a heart to adopt a second time as well. I have read her post several times and still come up with the words: Unbelievable . . . However, she brought up a valid point that has been plaguing me: "You know sometimes you make a decision to do something and you think, maybe it's God." Well, last night, I prayed, "Lord, can we have a miracle--a story of our own to share, so that we know that we are in your will?" And then, it happened. Today, we have been blessed with the opportunity of a $500 dollar matching grant challenge that will end on March 19th. How exciting is that! In addition to this, donations are coming in for our auction: Longaberger basket, beautiful pieces of Asian jewelry, handmade bracelets and earrings, crocheted blankets, and a Pampered Chef party challenge is in the works where a percentage will go towards the adoption. Some of the gifts are from people that I haven't seen for years, have only met once, or have just recently developed a relationship with them.

Like Juliese in the picture, I say, "Thumbs Up, Lord! You are worthy to be praised!"

0 comments: